Monday, July 10, 2006

A Week in IIUM*


(Part I) My New Life (c’est-a-dire)

*Smile*<--this time it’d better look straight, ay. Haha. Well, yea, that’s about it. Nothing much going on last week. For the 1st year students, it was just a typical stressful week a.k.a ta’aruf programme (or better known as orientation week) Anyway, I’ve gotta say having stayed for over a week or so, it is indeed a good place to be. The place might not be that all good-looking, (with the staining blocks and old façades, etc) but hey, it’s just a place of study. I like the moderate look though; the facilities, buildings, food..everything. But apart from all that, the people and the services are great. (Well, at least, that’s what I think, so far.) So, back to the programme, it was unsurprisingly customary. Some programmes were good and some were just plain dreary. There were briefings on departments and courses, group activities, campus tour..y’know, the usual stuff. We even had a few singing sessions of the matriculation song (!) I think we did sing up to 10 times a day. Haha. How was that for fun, ay?
r_L

No comments: