Sunday, December 31, 2006

...just nice*

Okay, so maybe I’ve been right all along. There are more good people than bad ones.

En fait.


Come to think of it. This morning, I woke up a bit late and realized that today is Eidul Adha. And I was still in bed. (uh, that’s not the nice part, though..I’ve not come to see the real good side of life, yet). Downstairs, I'd already been swept off by the good smell of the hot, steamy fried rice and peppery chicken curry and later, the sweet-sour smell that was wafting from the laksa pot. I savoured every moment possible, knowing that this occasion comes only once a year. The taste of teh susu was strangely wonderful today. As if these weren’t good enough to make me blow, minutes later, my mouth watered again as my mom served the special desert of the day-, which was pulut and kuah durian(!) Uh, okay. There, I’ve come to the nice part. Uh, the food was indeed, a nice part, but no, that still wasn’t the “real” nice part anyway. What I meant to say is that, if you think the foods were awesome, so was the cook. Yup, she. My mom. The fact that she managed to cook so well (and I could only be of little help) was totally outstanding. Despite feeling exhausted from work and all, she could still handle things. And not just things here, ay. Loads and loads of nice things. Just how is that possible? How can she give and do so many nice things for us? I mean, how nicer can she be? Most nicest possible.


My point is, you can still see the good or nice things people do around you. And to you, especially. But we barely notice these “little things”, let alone appreciate them, the people you love the most- family. Personally, as much as I love my parents, I just can’t show them how I truly care about them. Not directly, though. Well, egotism is not the issue here, nor am I being disrespectful, it’s just that I can’t really show my affection towards them. I’ve tried to tolerate my “stubbornness” every now and then, but God, it’s just hard. So, I stopped trying at all. I thought, maybe, I will one day. So, in the meantime, I’m just being good, like every kid should. And it doesn’t really seem like a big deal to anyone in the family. Hopefully, I think. All in all, I guess everyone (including me), we certainly have our own ways to deal with people- love, hate, shown or not, is perceptibly subjective. Family has always been my first priority and they are the ones who truly accept me for who I am.


Sometimes, when I think about everything and everyone I’ve ever listened to, I’d have to say your mom has had the biggest influence on me. So maybe, here’s what you could do for me- Give her a high five, will you? She's amazing.


..and owh, Happy Eidul-Adha, everyone.


r_L

1 comment:

HRH Fiza said...

i have that problem too, babe.
expressing the love~