Sunday, April 22, 2007

x&y

Boy, I can’t help it when I have nothing to worry about but music. There’s this sort of “happy mixture” of Coldplay’s X&Y going on in my head right now:

First, comes the Square One:

Is there anybody out there who
Is lost and hurt and lonely too
Are they bleeding all your colours into one?
And if you come undone
As if you've been run through
Some catapult it fired you
You wonder if your chance'll ever come
Or if you're stuck in square one

Then, there’s White Shadow to haunt me:

Maybe you'll get what you wanted
Maybe you'll stumble upon it
Everything you ever wanted in a permanent state
Maybe you'll know when you've seen it
Maybe if you say it you'll mean it
Maybe you'll find you're completed
In a permanent state, a permanent state


… and more Talk:

Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?
Tell me how do you feel?
Well I feel like they're talking in a language I don't speak
And they’re talking it to me


Finally, the not-so-hidden track of ‘Til Kingdom Come:

Hold my head inside your hands
I need someone who understands
I need someone, someone who hears
For you I've waited all these years

For you I'd wait 'Til Kingdom Come
Until my day my day is done
and say you'll come and set me free
just say you'll wait you'll wait for me



…I might as well think I’m drunk. Ick. Definitely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

x&y ? i love it.