Thursday, June 22, 2006

Of frets and socks



Well, I had a good laugh upon reading what one of my poet friends, Don had to say upon replying to Pip’s previous thread regarding some social issues. I found his words very true.

"I cried because my socks had holes in them, then I saw a kid who had no shoes"..."I cried because I had no shoes, then I saw a kid who had no feet" ... "I cried because I had no feet, then I saw a kid who had no legs"... It never ends. There is always something worse... Strength of character overcomes all, but some characters haven't enough muscle, and some do (of course) ... "I cried because my socks had holes in them, so I went to Wal-Mart and bought new ones"... This comment is not meant as critical or laudatory, it's just a comment. It has no meaning really. Socks that have holes in them are ok if the feet are tough enough..."

...well said, Don.


r_L



No comments: